Thursday, June 11, 2015

hello and welcome

Hello!
My name is Izabella and I'm a traveller. I am a backpacker. Well, I was a backpacker, travelling for couple of months each year for more than 10 years, trying to find remote places in countries like Peru, Bolivia, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar (Burma), China, India, Ladakh, Nepal and other countries in Asia, that I have fallen in love with. I lost a shoe while hiking in Bryce Canyon in USA, caught a Dengue Fever in Thailand, went with my year younger sister on a back of a big truck somewhere into Bolivian rainforest just to see a village off the beaten track,to see the world not described in any guidebook, I was sleeping in a Buddhist monastery in Myanmar and in a jungle in Indonesia without a tent and mosquito net - just a sleeping bag, a mat and all that bugs around... 
So yes, I was a backpacker doing all this crazy stuff but now I am a mum for 2 lovely boys and I need to be responsible. In my heart I'm still a backpacker, I still can not stay too long at home and  I need to go, to travel. 
So here I am, trying to travel responsibly with my husband and our two kids. Travelling with children with a 5 year old and a 1 year old is not easy, it's definitely different but it works and it is wonderful, because TRAVELLING IS WONDERFUL and showing the World to children, all the beautiful things around that are so different from what they know from home, the amazing architecture, landscapes, animals not in the zoo but in the place they really live IS JUST WONDERFUL.
We just came back from Iceland, 3 days ago we were still in this amazing, magic country, country like no other. It was our first real adventure trip with children and even though our 1 year old Alex was already in the USA as a 4 month old baby (we live in Europe), that trip now was something exceptional and I thought I'd like to start a blog to share my experiences with you about travelling in general, traveling with children, show you that traveling with a baby and doing fun, adventurous stuff is safe and possible if we prepare and do it right.  
With this blog I'd like to inspire you to travel, and inspire you to travel with children if you have them, inspire you to see the World and to encourage you to show your children how beautiful and amazing our Planet is. It is really priceless to hear your 1 year old baby laugh with joy when his little, cute, smiley face gets all wet from the waterfall mist. I still can remember his tiny voice saying WOW when he felt the strength of the waterfall on his lovely baby face.


coming soon: TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN (with baby) IN ICELAND

No comments:

Post a Comment